Rebecca Urland Monzi
Rebecca Monzi concentrates her practice in real estate development, working with developers, investors and financial institutions in all aspects of the acquisition, development, sale and financing of commercial, industrial and mixed-use property, multi-family housing, affordable housing projects, construction lending, mezzanine financing, bridge financing, syndicated loans, securitized financing, like-kind exchanges and leasing matters. Rebecca has substantial experience with federally insured and guaranteed financing transactions, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Section 8 contracts.
Rebecca also has broad complex commercial litigation experience at the trial and appellate level in state and federal courts and before governmental agencies and assists clients with trademark searches, registration and oppositions.
- Represented owner in refinance of corporate office center located in McLean, Virginia for over $100 million
- Represented owners in refinance of multifamily housing project in Fairfax, Virginia for $46 million from Fannie Mae
- Represent developer in sale, acquisition and financing of multi-family properties in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Georgia
- Represent D.C.-based, family-owned development and management company in refinancing of various multifamily properties with HUD and private lenders
- Represented the seller in the negotiation and sale of a 287 unit student housing complex in Baton Rouge, LA
- Represented a Louisiana banking institution in the financing of a hospital and medical office building
- Represented the owner and operator of beauty institutes in the Southeast United States in complex lease negotiations in Louisiana, Washington DC, Texas, Georgia, Alabama and North Carolina
- Represented a community health center in financing for construction and renovation of four medical/dental sites, including drafting and negotiation of construction contracts and management of the construction schedule
- Represented the owner in the multi-million dollar financing of Louisiana’s first continuing care retirement community
- Resolved multi-party litigation on behalf of entities controlled by a privately held multi-million square foot commercial real estate company with holdings throughout the United States
- Successfully represented one of the world’s largest alligator farming operations in claims for damages caused by an oil spill
- Successfully obtained a favorable ruling by the Supreme Court of Louisiana, declaring state statutes involving referendums and imposition of assessments by private citizens unconstitutional, on behalf of over 50 Louisiana rice farmers in a matter against the Louisiana Department of Agriculture
- Successfully represented an athletic company in resolution of a trademark opposition filing with the TTAB by an international shoe company