Alan D. Sundburg
A Member of the firm, Mr. Sundburg joined Friedlander Misler in 1994 as a member of the Workers’ Compensation and Liability Defense practice.
An active litigator with over 25 years’ experience, Mr. Sundburg’s practice focuses primarily on workers’ compensation defense and insurance coverage issues in Virginia and the District of Columbia, representing insurance carriers and a variety of self-insured employers across many industries, including:
- Trucking/Freight Companies
- Construction Firms and Real Estate Developers
- Hospitals and Health Care Facilities
Mr. Sundburg has represented professional athletes in years past on workers’ compensation claims. He also reviews and assesses insurance issues for other Friedlander Misler clients.
An active and experienced litigator, Mr. Sundburg represents clients in alternative dispute resolution proceedings (arbitration/mediation) and routinely practices before various courts and commissions, including:
- The Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission
- The District of Columbia Department of Employment Services
- The Virginia Court of Appeals
- The District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- The Benefits Review Board of the U.S. Department of Labor
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Mr. Sundburg designs and delivers informative presentations to clients and insurance claims personnel and has lectured at Continuing Legal Education seminars. Having begun his career in claims adjustment and management for Aetna Life & Casualty, Mr. Sundburg offers clients real-world advice based on first-hand industry experience. He actively monitors case-law and legislative trends affecting the industry and attends business and interest group meetings on behalf of clients.